IT Tech Support
JCA Technologies is looking for someone to become part of our IT team
handling tech support in Winnipeg. Tech Support is responsible for first-level
IT helpdesk support on computer (HW/SW), printer, tablet, other peripheral
equipment, communication, and network needed to run the business. He/She
installs, maintains, tests, and recommends computers and other user equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install and test communication and peripheral equipment necessary to run
- Coordinate with vendors on the purchase, maintenance, and repairs of computer
and peripheral equipment.
- Evaluate, test, and control new PC software, Operating systems, hardware,
and client-server applications, and take charge in the installation of
the said technologies.
- Monitor and recommend hardware upgrades to conform to the system and user
- Assist with the testing of internal application and projects external/client
- Provide desktop, printer, and user equipment support (on premise and remote).
- Maintains PC and peripheral equipment inventory.
- Maintain software/license inventory.
- Perform first-level support for ERP and other business system applications.
- Assist with the network and system administration.
- Conduct IT-related trainings.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems.
- Proficient in MSOffice suite and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience in desktop, printer, and peripheral equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting.
- Experience in desktop application support and maintenance.
- Completed courses in computer troubleshooting and maintenance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be patient and pleasant to the users in performing his support services
whether on-site or remote.
- Must follow IT best practices.
- Always be willing and able to assist the users in all IT related concerns.
- Capability to carry or move IT equipment.
- Capability to climb walls, ceilings, or roofs to run cables and install
- Strong organizational and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Results oriented.
Please submit your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org