JCA Technologies is looking to add a Junior Buyer to the purchasing team
located in Winnipeg. As a Buyer, you will be responsible for the complete
buying process and will work closely with production, sales, and quality
assurance to ensure optimum quality, pricing and delivery of components.
We are looking for someone who has taken some formal training in supply
chain management, however we may consider someone with demonstrated experience
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process requisitions for new components, review and evaluate quotations
and select vendors.
- Develop and maintain commodities and vendors with a continuous focus on
- Source and select new suppliers. Negotiate pricing and work with quality
to ensure new commodities meet company standards.
- Maintain and develop vendor relationships.
- Ensure a continuous supply of components to production.
- Negotiate price reductions and resolve disputes with existing vendors.
- Maintain competency through ongoing skills development.
Education and Skill Sets Include:
- Currently or previously enrolled in courses related to supply chain management.
Interest in pursuing a SCMP designation in the future.
- Experience with sourcing new supplies and vendor selection.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Superb communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Please submit your résumé to: email@example.com