JCA Technologies is looking to add an experienced Production Buyer to
the purchasing team located in Winnipeg. As a Buyer, you will be responsible
for the complete buying process and will work closely with production,
sales, and quality assurance to ensure optimum quality, pricing and delivery
For the right person, we may also consider a recent graduate of a supply
chain program who is just starting out in their career.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process requisitions for new components, review and evaluate quotations
and select vendors.
- Develop and maintain commodities and vendors with a continuous focus on
- Source and select new suppliers. Negotiate pricing and work with quality
to ensure new commodities meet company standards.
- Maintain and develop vendor relationships.
- Ensure a continuous supply of components to production.
- Negotiate price reductions and resolve disputes with existing vendors.
- Maintain competency through ongoing skills development.
- Completion or working towards a SCMP designation or other professional
designation is preferred
- Experience with sourcing new supplies and vendor selection.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Superb communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Please submit your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org