The Customer Service Representative (CSR) serves as a primary point of contact for JCA’s customers on matters related to the acceptance and delivery of purchase orders for regular production product. The CSR works closely with the customer, Inside Sales/Account Manager, and production, to ensure orders are reviewed, entered, and confirmed to the customer with a minimum of delay. In advance where possible, the CSR is expected to communicate to the customer, failure to deliver on time. Also, when JCA fails to deliver as promised, the CSR should communicate this information internally, for process and continuous improvement purposes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review all new purchase orders or purchase order revisions for completeness prior to entry.
- Ensure all pricing, delivery, payment terms match the corresponding quote/proposal. Work with customers if their purchase order pricing does not match our records.
- Review requested delivery dates and determine what delivery dates need to be confirmed to the customer.
- Enter new or revised customer purchase orders into JCA’s software systems
- Prepare and forward a customer acknowledgement form with promised delivery schedule.
- Respond to customer requests for improved delivery. If a customer requests improved delivery, work with the customer and inside staff to develop plans for improvement. Where needed, the Customer Service Representative will verify and communicate any additional costs.
- Notify the customer of certain or potential delivery delays. When aware that a previously confirmed delivery will not be met, work with internal JCA resources and the customer to implement corrective action that will minimize the impact on the customer’s production schedule.
- Respond to customer requests for rescheduling, cancellation or return of orders or product. When a customer requests the cancellation or postponement of a previously confirmed order, work with production and Inside Sales/Account Manager (where required) and the customer to formulate an acceptable revision to the existing schedule and/or payment of restocking or cancellation charges.
- When a customer asks to return damaged, defective or surplus product, create the appropriate entry in JCA’s software systems to ensure the information is forwarded to the Quality department and appropriate follow on actions are taken.
- Update the customer and work with the customer to update any orders where new versions or revisions of products are required. Work with production on the plan to implement new or changed products, taking the existing processes and systems into consideration. If the new version or revision was customer-initiated, work with production, Inside Sales/Account Manager to re-coup from the customer some or all of the obsolescence costs, if applicable.
- Respond to customer requests for an update on the status of open orders or deliveries.
- Perform a regular review of upcoming deliveries/orders due and follow up with production on the status of work orders.
- Plan shipments and provide direction to Shipping to ship product.
Job Experience and RequirementsThe following are considered preferable traits and experience for the CSR role:
- Previous experience as a Planner or Customer Service Representative, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and well developed listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal effectively with people at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, including word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent clerical and data entry skills.
Please submit your résumé to: email@example.com