Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) serves as a primary point of
contact for JCA’s customers on matters related to the acceptance and delivery
of purchase orders for regular production product. The CSR works closely
with the customer, Inside Sales/Account Manager, and production, to ensure
orders are reviewed, entered, and confirmed to the customer with a minimum
of delay. In advance where possible, the CSR is expected to communicate
to the customer, failure to deliver on time. Also, when JCA fails to deliver
as promised, the CSR should communicate this information internally, for
process and continuous improvement purposes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review all new purchase orders or purchase order revisions for completeness
prior to entry.
- Ensure all pricing, delivery, payment terms match the corresponding quote/proposal.
Work with customers if their purchase order pricing does not match our
- Review requested delivery dates and determine what delivery dates need
to be confirmed to the customer.
- Enter new or revised customer purchase orders into JCA's software systems
- Prepare and forward a customer acknowledgement form with promised delivery
- Respond to customer requests for improved delivery. If a customer requests
improved delivery, work with the customer and inside staff to develop plans
for improvement. Where needed, the Customer Service Representative will
verify and communicate any additional costs.
- Notify the customer of certain or potential delivery delays. When aware
that a previously confirmed delivery will not be met, work with internal
JCA resources and the customer to implement corrective action that will
minimize the impact on the customer’s production schedule.
- Respond to customer requests for rescheduling, cancellation or return
of orders or product. When a customer requests the cancellation or postponement
of a previously confirmed order, work with production and Inside Sales/Account
Manager (where required) and the customer to formulate an acceptable revision
to the existing schedule and/or payment of restocking or cancellation charges.
- When a customer asks to return damaged, defective or surplus product,
create the appropriate entry in JCA's software systems to ensure the information
is forwarded to the Quality department and appropriate follow on actions
- Update the customer and work with the customer to update any orders where
new versions or revisions of products are required. Work with production
on the plan to implement new or changed products, taking the existing processes
and systems into consideration. If the new version or revision was customer-initiated,
work with production, Inside Sales/Account Manager to re-coup from the
customer some or all of the obsolescence costs, if applicable.
- Respond to customer requests for an update on the status of open orders
- Perform a regular review of upcoming deliveries/orders due and follow
up with production on the status of work orders.
- Plan shipments and provide direction to Shipping to ship product.
Job Experience and Requirements
The following are considered preferable
traits and experience for the CSR role:
- Previous experience as a Planner or Customer Service Representative, preferably
in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and well developed
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal effectively with people
at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, including word-processing
- Excellent clerical and data entry skills.
Please submit your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org