JCA Technologies is looking to add a Production Planner to the Operations
team located in Winnipeg. As a Planner, you will be responsible for planning
and releasing jobs to production and to track those jobs through the production
build keeping all stakeholders informed of the progress.
We are looking for someone who has taken some formal training in business
management, supply chain management or related courses, however we may
consider someone with demonstrated experience in planning.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and release jobs to production, providing all necessary documentation.
- Track the progress of jobs through production paying special attention
to urgent builds.
- Identity bottlenecks or shortages that would prevent jobs from proceeding
- Work with purchasing and sales to find resolutions to part shortages using
alternate parts, alternate vendors, or by expediting shipments.
- Update jobs with alternate materials and schedules.
- Plan production capacity to ensure all urgent builds can proceed.
- Track the product going into finished goods and coordinate with shipping
to ensure that urgent items are shipped.
- Work closely with team leaders, sales, and production managers to identify
and solve challenges that inhibit production.
- Continuously improve the flow of product through the plant.
- Identify capacity issues to Production Manager and Sales as they arise.
- Participate in JCA Continuous Improvement initiatives
Education and Skill Sets Include:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Previous manufacturing industry experience
- Courses in planning or master scheduling an asset or courses related to
a Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Superb communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Please submit your résumé to: email@example.com